I encountered a street 'portrait' photographer in Havana Cuba. Using an old style Kodak camera it was fascinating to watch him and his assistant work. Getting his subjects to still still seemed to be a problem for Jose Gonzalo. He has been working the streets of Havana for 20 years and taken around fives minutes to take and develop the photos. I must say, it was like a history lesson in real time, even if my hand stung of slight acid burn as I walked off with my 2 inch by 2 inch print.Monday, 15 December 2008
Old style Street Photography in Havana, Cuba
I encountered a street 'portrait' photographer in Havana Cuba. Using an old style Kodak camera it was fascinating to watch him and his assistant work. Getting his subjects to still still seemed to be a problem for Jose Gonzalo. He has been working the streets of Havana for 20 years and taken around fives minutes to take and develop the photos. I must say, it was like a history lesson in real time, even if my hand stung of slight acid burn as I walked off with my 2 inch by 2 inch print.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Nice pictures! You can find more Cuban street photography in my photoblog:
http://cubastreetphotography.blogspot.com/
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment